Sunday, January 21, 2018

Pineapple Tidbits: a little of this and a little of that

-by Susan Hitt
Not surprisingly, the land of the Internet is filled with amazing resources and inspiration for educators. However, it goes without saying that finding the time for teachers to sit down and sift through the overwhelming amount of videos, tech sites, blog posts, podcasts, etc. is a daunting task. Plus, who has the time to do that? Well, grab your coffee (or hot tea, which is my own preference) and scroll down to see the resources I've curated for this today's Pineapple Tidbits! 

Psssstt: Want to understand the reasoning behind the name of this resource series? This post explains it! Like what you see? Check out the other post here.

Now, without further ado, feast your eyes on the following resources and inspiration:

Once again Jennifer Gonzalez is on point with her blog post 6 Tech Tools to Try in 2018. I was so happy to see that one of my favorite tools made the list: FlipGrid. I've dabbled a bit with Book Creator, but some of the other ones she listed are brand new to me. I'm looking forward to diving in over the coming months to try them out. Are you familiar with any she's chosen? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section. 



If you haven't already stumbled across the Template Palooza on CreativeEdTech's site, you must take a moment to scroll through all the FREE offerings! Below is an example of the Instagram template. 



If you're like me, and spend a lot of time in your car, think about trying out a podcast or two. My all-time favorite podcast for education is the Google Teacher Tribe podcast. It's hosted by Kasey Bell (check out her blog here) and Matt Miller, author of Ditch That Textbook (check out his blog here). Each Monday a new episode drops and the 30-45 minute episode is jam-packed with Google tips, tricks, ideas, and inspiration. Check out episode 25 where they talk about Google Slide's superpowers!  






Have 3 minutes? Below is one of my favorite TedTalks. It discusses how being the First Follower is just as important as being a leader. Also, the dancing is quite entertaining! 





And finally, let me encourage fellow tweeters to check out the #CelebrateMonday movement. It's a great way to start off the week with a fresh perspective! Here's one tweet that stood out to me: 

Thanks for stopping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment